This Army HIVE office is closed and cover is provided by the Lichfield HIVE.

If you want to ensure that you receive the very latest information including official Army COVID19 advice and guidance to Serving Personnel and their Families, please sign up using the ‘Follow by Email’ link. We abide by the Data Protection Act and you can withdraw your permission to receive our emails at any time by using the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of every update email you receive. Please also see HIVE’s other social media platforms: www.facebook.com/ArmyHIVE and Army HIVE Twitter @ArmyHIVEinfo


Wednesday, 1 July 2020

National Insurance Credits for Military Spouses During Overseas Postings

How spouses and civil partners of armed forces personnel posted overseas can fill gaps in their National Insurance record.

You may be able to get National Insurance credits if you’re married to or the civil partner of a member of the armed forces and you go with them on an overseas posting.

Credits can help to fill gaps in your National Insurance record, for example if you were not in work when you were with your partner on an overseas posting. Credits can make sure you qualify for certain benefits including the State Pension.

Check your National Insurance record for gaps. You may not need to apply for credits, for example if you’ve already paid National Insurance contributions for the time overseas or you were getting certain benefits.

 Click here for further advice and guidance.