This Army HIVE office is closed and cover is provided by the Lichfield HIVE.

If you want to ensure that you receive the very latest information including official Army COVID19 advice and guidance to Serving Personnel and their Families, please sign up using the ‘Follow by Email’ link. We abide by the Data Protection Act and you can withdraw your permission to receive our emails at any time by using the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of every update email you receive. Please also see HIVE’s other social media platforms: www.facebook.com/ArmyHIVE and Army HIVE Twitter @ArmyHIVEinfo


Thursday, 6 August 2020

Boarding School Finder website

DCYP have released the new boarding school finder website which provides information about schools on the accredited schools database. The database is a list of schools available to families when applying for Continuity of Education Allowance (CEA). Parents can now search for boarding schools (both state and independent) using search terms such a location, age range and explicit discounts. The design of the website was shaped by a number of focus groups help by DCYP with personnel from all the services. DCYP would like to thank those personnel that took part in these workshops in developing this website. To website is available at boardingschoolfinder.mod.uk or www.bsf.mod.uk. It should be noted that the site works on Google Chrome and mobile devices rather than MODNET explorer.

If you are considering Boarding school for your child(ren), you should seek advice about your eligibility to claim the allowance (CEA) from your Unit HR and chain of Command. You can request a Boarding Schools Pack from The Children’s Education Advisory Service (CEAS) which gives comprehensive information and advice. This advice is also available on the website: www.gov.uk/government/groups/the-childrens-education-advisory-service-ceas . Most importantly, you should read the regulations in JSP 752 very carefully to ensure you fully understand the implications of claiming the allowance. Advice and guidance regarding children’s education is available from CEAS: DCYP-CEAS-Enquiries@mod.gov.uk , with issues regarding claims and eligibility you should approach your Unit HR in the first instance.